Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Post & It's Father's Day!

Taking a stab at this blogging thing... Here goes!
First off, Happy Father's Day to all dads out there! And, a *special* one to my brother, Todd, who is a daddy for the first time! My little nephew, Tyson, was born in May, and tonight I got to hear his teeny tiny cry & his 'coos' on the phone! Since we live in NC, and they all live back home in GA, I haven't held that baby yet, so that was just precious to me! I'm already crazy over that boy!

There really isnt going to be any rhyme or reason to this blog. I have a semi-addiction to searching blongs online, and seeing what others create with their cricut, what they scrapbook, or what others craft, so I thought 'eh. why not start my own..'

The reason I chose to call my blog 'Hawaii Wishes', is because I really believe I left my heart on the shores of Kailua Beach on the island of Oahu.
After a year long deployment to Iraq, my husband returned safely to us, and we were offered a trip of a lifetime to ANYWHERE in the world we wanted to go... (thanks, In-laws!!) and they would go along to help with the kids & any school work (um, ALRIGHT!)... So, in August 2010, we made the plans, packed our bags, and hopped on a plane for a 2 week PARADISE vacation! The kids & I had NEVER been on a plane, so this was *huge* for us! WE. LOVED. IT!
We stayed in a rental house on Kailua Beach on the Windward side of the island. All those pictures you've ever seen, wonderful stories you've ever heard, or videos you've ever seen.. yes, it truly is *THAT* beautiful. Let's just say, the night we flew out of Honolulu, I was sobbing like a blubbering baby, and nearly made myself sick!
Since then, the Boss Man (I'm pretty sure that's what you'll hear me call the husband...) has been trying to get us orders to be stationed in Hawaii. We've been in NC too long, and we ALL need a change of pace. Not only that, Boss Man needs a change of pace in the job area. Dear Army, move us to Oahu! please?


We're a big family. 4 kids. Oldest boy is 10. Only girl just turned 9, and the twinners will be 7 in August. Didja catch that? 4 kids in less than 3 1/2 years. Yea, we're a bit crazy to do it that way, but hey, they'll be out of the house around the same time...wait. and in college the same time.
crap.
maybe we didn't think this all the way through. hmm.
Oh well. No putting them back!
Here is a picture of my 'army' at a Luau in Hawaii. This is one of my favorite pictures! We rarely get a chance at a family photo, so this touches my heart... and makes me laugh!
Schroeder Army at a Hawaiian Luau!


So, how about a few more pics from our trip... If you've never been, I hope you'll understand our aching to be stationed there!


Kailua Beach


Kailua Beach






Diamond Head & Honolulu

 

Chinaman's Hat







North Shore at Waimea Bay


Waimea Bay, North Shore


Riding along the shores...


Us standing next to an old WWII bunker, on the side of a mountain.


So there it is. A mini vacation! Hope you enjoyed it!

We also just ended another spring baseball season! All the kids played well, including the girl! This was their second year playing, and this time, we just got word that the oldest boy was chosen to play with the All-Star team starting in July! I really am SO happy for him. He's had a rough year with struggling through school, making the time & effort for Sylvan, and baseball. His coach chose him over his own son! I can't wait to hear what the details are for this, and get him started in it (if we can... we already had plans for most of July... so... hmm.)
BUT, here is a small video I did for the grandparents...

And, there you have it. My first post.
I can't wait to post up some pics of things I'm creating with my cricut, things I'm scrapbooking, or other goodies from others who have inspired me.
Hope you all have called up your daddies! Our little monsters are in bed, and I'll be headed that way soon myself.
Much love!

1 comment:

  1. Tara,

    I have never been to Hawaii, but it is a dream of mine to go there. There and Tokyo. I am new to blogging as well, I also was obsessed with seeing what people created on their blogs.

    Your projects are great! Love your little monkey :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, questions, tips & tricks! Tell me somethin'!